7.06.2012

middle school math classroom tour

As a middle school math teacher and an avid scrapbooker, I've had a blast setting up my classroom with a festive decor. I'm not sure my classroom has a theme...unless color counts! I focused on our school colors...red, black, and white...plus a splash of green. And I probably should mention that I simply adore polka dots! ;)

Having an organized and attractive classroom is yet another way to be proactive with classroom management. I recently completed a series of blog posts on my classroom setup. Take a quick photo tour via the slideshow below...

And if you would like more details see my previous blog posts outlined below...

farewell to paper journals

papers, papers, and more papers

classroom attention signal

students coaching students in the classroom

classroom bulletin board ideas

organization of classroom supplies

displaying student work

teams for cooperative learning

differentiation via small groups


There's No Place Like Home

I'm linking up with Mrs. Parker over at Learning with Mrs. Parker. Hop on over and tour some fabulous classrooms from fellow bloggers!

Happy Friday to YOU!
Make it count...
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love the color scheme which I would consider your theme. It looks great! I like all the posters that your created and the supply storage containers. Thanks for joining in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A huge thanks to you for hosting the classroom tour! I've had lots of fun gathering inspiration from the linky party.

      Delete
  2. It's so refreshing to see a middle school classroom decorated! Most middle school teachers in my area have very sterile rooms. Seems they think once kids get out of elementary the "cuteness" has to stop. I love your room and I'm sure your students do too.

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks! My students love it or they think I'm crazy...but I'm pretty sure either way it's a positive. :) Thanks for hopping over to my blog!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Kristi! Very few of our middle school teachers do more than putting up a few posters. Your room makes your students feel welcome! I truly enjoy this blog. It always motivates me to do more with my sixth graders.
    Thanks, Lisa!

    Kim
    Finding JOY in 6th Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I appreciate your encouraging words.

      Delete
  4. Lisa! I found you, er...your blog!! :) I happened to stumble upon your blog through something a friend of mine pinned on Pinterest. Seeing your ideas helps to get my creative juices flowing. I have been searching for other teachers sharing middle school math ideas. I can't wait to explore other blogs as well. Have an awesome new school year!!
    Lori Boyd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the chances?!? :) Wishing you a fabulous school year too!

      Delete